Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When there's nothing else to do, ramble.

Ever hear the old phrase "How you ring in the new year is how your new year will go", or something to that effect?

It's dumb. Let's think here. Last year I rang it in with Paul 2 and some friends, somewhat jobless, totally broke. Yet nearly 365 days later here I am... a great job, money in the bank and taking control of my finances, and SINGLE. NOTHING would ever change if the above saying is true. It'd like living in an infinite loop. Yikes.

I've been struggling on the reading front lately. I thought maybe taking a break from best-sellers and even the occasional "teen lit" (i.e. Twilight, House of Night) that I read would be good for me to get me into a swing again. I should read something light and airy... fluffy and bad for my brain. What's better than Chick-Lit? Sophie Kinsella's Shop-a-Holic series I devoured several years ago. Even the great Something Borrowed/Something Blue duo by Emily Giffin that I loved. Jemima J by Jane Green was an all time favorite. So I go search. I look on Amazon at the list mainias on this fabulous form of literature. I'm finding nothing. I found two books at the library that my be promising. We'll see. I'm just tired of not reading.

Two major purchases are going to be thrown my way soon... I need a car. Which is going to take forever... because, and this is stellar, the insurance company for this guy... the woman I'm dealing with's files are down. I faxed over my salvage title yesterday... I NEED THAT CHECK. Of course, something else to put a hold on shit. So annoyed. I can't wait until all of this is over. What a pain in the ass.

I'm also going to need a computer. And soon. Crap.

Well, at least I'm better off than I was a year ago in most respects :)

I guess I'm just kind of "in a mood" today. Like that's anything new. Haha.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

Congrats on great things in 2008.

You sound like a total hoot.

May I recommend "The Shack" and all of Billy Collins for your reads?

Okay, that ought to be enough out of a complete stranger for one comment.